In 2019, the vestry voted to purchase property adjoining the church grounds with several outbuildings and a home known as the Taylor House, circa 1840. A committee is currently deciding how the property can best be utilized to further St. Peter's mission and ministries.
After it was determined the structure could not be safely renovated, a local Northern Neck man, David Bostic, deconstructed the Taylor House and salvaged the materials to refurbish his own home in Winton, circa 1742. The beams and joists were all hand cut notched and tenon joints, along with variable widths of center cut pine flooring.
A St. Peter's Parishioner, Dr. Peter Fahrney, documented the history of the Taylor House in the attached book.